Bay Area Legal Services is a regional, nonprofit public interest law firm providing the highest quality legal counsel by:
- Assisting individuals and nonprofit groups with limited access to legal services;
- Resolving the legal problems of our clients; and
Preserving the independence, hope, and dignity of those we serve.
BALS aims to eliminate barriers to justice through high quality legal services, education, and community partnerships.
- Assisted more than 19,188 individuals, families, and community groups.
- Responded to 58,199 callers seeking legal services.
- Supported more than 6,877 residents in the Tampa Bay area through our Legal Information Center in the George C. Edgecomb Courthouse, by providing them with legal information about how to represent themselves in family law cases.
- Assisted 1,024 domestic violence survivors obtain injunctions, child custody, support, and alimony.
- Helped 3,281 clients obtain or maintain housing.
- Advised and represented 247 clients with employment-related matters.